Algier GUI Library
Welcome to the project page of Algierlib. A library just for creating and handling graphical user interfaces.
I'm working in the first step on a Win32-implementation. Later a port to Linux and Unix-based systems is possible.
What is the goal of this project?
Developing a GUI library in a modern style for basic UI requirements, with native controls (a.k.a. widgets) and for multiplatform.
What are the high-level assumptions or ground rules for the project?
- a clean public ISO-C++-interface, i.e. no macros or compiler specific extensions
- writing very good user documentation that helps beginners and professionals
- easy to build and use library
- Provide compiler independent build scripts (bjam)
What is this project not?
This library don't want to be a complex framework for applications. Most components like threading, XML processing, filesystem etc. are already out there and available. In the future most will be in the next C++ standard or TR2. You can combine Algierlib with this components without any difficulty.
- Modern object orientated design
- Uses model-view concept
- Layout algorithms
- Internationalization with std::wstring
- Use of ISO-C++ standard and TR1 library for strings, events, object management etc.
- Use of C++ namespaces, RTTI, enums and exceptions
- No macros
- No pre-pre-processor